We spent the past weekend with our good friends Cory and Sarah and had a wonderful time! They live in Upstate New York in a beautiful town called Seneca Falls. Several church sites are close to their home, so we made a trip to both Palmyra and Fayette while we were there. We also spent a day at Niagara Falls, which was fun to see as well. Abby was really good for the trip and did just fine on a 7 hour car ride...I was nervous about that. :) It was hard to leave after such a great weekend!Friday was spent at Niagara Falls and it was beautiful! I have never seen anything like it.
Brett took this picture of the falls and I thought it was pretty good.

We rode the Maid of the Mist to see the falls and we got wet...except Abby.
A gorgeous view of the falls. Don't worry, Abby was safe.

We made a journey through the 'Cave of the Winds' and got up close to the falls.
There was a beautiful rainbow over the falls! We took this picture just before we headed up the stairs.

"Baby Bjorn" in all her glory! :) Abby all geared up for the journey. The roar of the falls put Abby to sleep and she slept through the whole thing. She also remained dry through the event, but Brett was not so lucky. On the right is Sarah ready to hike the stairs. :)


Brett and Abby enjoying the view. Abby getting a close up shot at the falls.
Near the start of the falls. Abby is sporting her sock mittens. :)
Saturday morning we headed for Palmyra and did a sealing session in the temple. Sarah was kind and watched Abby while we went to the temple. The Palmyra Temple is beautiful and overlooks the Sacred Grove. We loved our time in the temple.


Here is the Gradin Store where the Book of Mormon was first published! It was amazing to see how much time and work went into publishing books back in the 1800's. It was neat to see one of the first Books of Mormon.


The Visitor's Center at the Sacred Grove and Smith Home.
In the Smith Home where the Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith.
Outside the Smith Home. I can't believe so many people lived under one roof!
Sarah, me and Abby entering the Sacred Grove. There was an incredible Spirit in the grove. It was very peaceful and you could tell that something very significant had happened there. I have always wanted to visit the Sacred Grove because of what happened in the Spring of 1820. It was amazing to walk in the actual place where Joseph saw God the Father and Jesus Christ, which led to the restoration of the gospel. I didn't want to leave because it felt so peaceful. It was a beautiful time of year to visit the grove with the trees all changing color.
Abby playing in the leaves while we were walking through the grove. She clutched a leaf in her hand and wouldn't let go...she wanted to eat it. :)
Walking in the grove.

Here is the Hill Cumorah on a Fall Day. There was a beautiful view from this hill. This is where Joseph went to get the plates. I loved the monument of the Angel Moroni on top of the hill.
Saturday ended with a fun Pumpkin Walk in a NY town near Palmyra. They had donuts and apple cider at the end...yum. It was fun to enjoy a small town community event. :) Abby slept through the entire walk.
The Peter Whitmer Farm where the church was first organized in 1830.

Sarah and Abby at the Peter Whitmer Farm. Abby is wrapped in the blanket that Sarah made for her.
Abby collapsed in Brett's arms at the close of the very fun trip.Thanks Cory and Sarah for a great time!
Here are a few videos from the trip...(Ignore the fact that I say 'Here we are at Niagara Falls' five billions times. I need to get more creative on what I say when I'm recording. Oh well...
Abby voicing her thoughts about the trip...
Sites of the falls...
Four AM in the morning and Abby is wide awake...two tired parents and one hyper active, and talkative baby.
10 comments:
What a wonderful weekend. I'm so jealous that is where I would love to go so badly! My dream trip is to see all the church sites back there. We did see a few when we went to Missouri years back.
Oh my gosh that looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! We totally need to do that! I LOVE the video of Abby talking so much.
That looks like so much fun! You look great Em- I love the skirt you had on at the temple! I need one! Really though- you are looking great and you guys are a beautiful little family...
Wow! You guys are so much fun! I love how often you get out and see sites. Your trip looked wonderful! Tell Sarah hi :)
Your photos are fabulous! What a wonderul trip you had. Thanks for sharing.
Wow! What a fun trip! I love the top picture of your family - you all look so good and the leaves in the background are so beautiful! Abby is getting so big - she is so cute! You are such an incrediable mom - it was fun watching (and listening) to you and Abby talk to each other :) I also am so impressed that you were in such a good mood at 4 AM! You're so cute! I hope that I can meet Abby soon!
Of course, we loved every minute you guys were here!!!! Come back soon, k? We miss you!
Great pictures of course! I love seeing all of the fun things you do. I can't believe you do so many things with little Abby. She's so small!
I tagged you on my blog.
Looks like fun! That's probably why I couldn't get in touch with you when I was in town. Sorry to miss you.
Looks like you guys had so much fun. I have so many good memories at those same spots in upstate New York. My family went on a three week cross-country church/American history trip the summer I graduated High School. Steve's never been to any of these places, so we really want to go back together some day.
Post a Comment