Sunday, May 17, 2015

New Orleans 2014





Several of our neighbors have shared how much they love to visit Destin, Florida.  We decided we wanted to check out the amazing Florida beaches, so we headed there with friends for Thanksgiving Break.  We made a stop in New Orleans on the way to see what the crazy city was like. Apparently, in the Southern accent, it's pronounced more like 'Naw-Lens' and definitely has a taste of Mardi Gras all year long.  Always a party.  We decided to refrain from Bourbon Street, especially with kids.  I loved the older French Southern Homes with porches, balconies and shutters.  (I guess I have a bit of a obsession for Southern Colonial style homes.) A highlight for the kids was going to Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarters, where they made fresh beignets loaded with powered sugar.  The girls loved peering through the windows on their tip toes to watch them make the dough.   




Trying Creole...

Crossing the Mississippi for the 5th time…ironically, each time we have crossed it, it has been in a different state. Big river.










No comments:

Blog Archive