The title says it all. I need to develop a stronger stomach when it comes to the 'dirty work' of motherhood. It's a good thing I love being a mom because that's what gets me through the clean-up of days like today.
I had to get some signatures to renew my teaching license because it is due NOW. I haven't been able to make it out there because school has been closed because of snow, so today was the day. The place I needed to be wasn't really close to home and Abby was obviously not feeling the best. Lets just say that there was a bit of an 'explosion' in the back seat on the way to our destination. Abby was in the back saying...'yucky' and 'poop'. Awesome. Not a pretty sight. I could only save the shirt, but it's a cute shirt, so it's a good thing.
Well, I couldn't walk into the school with my child practically naked, so off to the local Walmart we went. On the way there, Explosion #2 occurred. 'Are you kidding me?' Poor Abby and poor me. After Clean-up #2, I wrapped her up in my coat, praying she wouldn't destroy it and went on a drastic search for clothes with a half naked baby in tote. I'm sure we were a sight to see. I dressed her right then and there and just had the clerk scan her body when we checked out. That was just the beginning of a crazy day but we made it...5 diapers later. Abby is feeling much better...figures. She was a good sport. How do you get a stronger stomach?! Sheesh.
16 comments:
Poor Emily~ Clean-up duty is the worse! Hopefully the explosions have come to an end.
You gotta love those awesome days of being a Mom!
oh gross!! glad you made it!
Yucky about sums it up. Has she been feeling sick?
I am soo sorry!! Sounds like a pretty horrible experience (yuck!)...but good for you for renewing your license!
What? no pictures??
Oh wow. FIVE diapers later!? You are a good sport. I can just picture the cashier ringing the tags from her body. Hilarious. Good story.
yes, the "yucky" part of motherhood. It makes you appreciate the good days. Good luck.
Poor girl! Hey Em, do you have photoshop or just mad photography skills? Your pictures are beautiful...
I would've been gagging the entire time!! So glad that day is over for you.
I think it comes with more kids and then leaves when that part of your life is done because I have a tuff time with now. Fortunetly I'm done with that stage! Yeah
Oh the joys...
LOL! Sorry that happened. I've had similar situations and it's so not fun!
Oh nasty. That's all I can say. You're a good mom.
Good mother!
Ugh. I've totally had those days. It always happens when you are out and about and always when I'm NOT prepared. Sounds like you handled it well!
Post a Comment