Thursday, February 9, 2012

Strawberry Jam

There is nothing like fresh strawberry jam on toasted bread. Mmmmm.  
When we saw that strawberries were on sale last week, there was no question we were going to make freezer jam.  Every time I make jam I am always blown away with how much sugar it requires in the recipe. Yikes.  No wonder we love it so much. Abby saw me making it and wanted to join in the fun.  We had a good time mashing strawberries and pouring mounds of sugar into the bowl.  


Abby was feeling so 'big' to wear her apron and make jam. She is into calling herself a 'big girl' right now.  I frequently get the phrase: "Mommy, I'm a big girl now because...(and a reason follows.)"  
My baby is growing up.


1 comment:

The Holmgrens said...

I have those same bowls. In blue, too. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

Blog Archive