About a month ago, Abby came home from church with an announcement. She approached me in the kitchen stating very confidently,
"Mommy, I need to ask Daddy a question.
I need to ask him if it's OK if I marry Jonah in the temple when I'm big."
Apparently my consent wasn't needed, but Daddy's was important. After that statement, I obviously didn't hesitate to send her straight to Dad to get a response.
Abby has had a crush on Jonah basically ever since they began Nursery together at church. Both of them seem to get that little shy, half smile when they see each other. I'm sure you all remember your first crush. You see them, maybe start to blush a bit and can't quite look them in the eye. Well, that's your classic situation with these two. It's pretty cute to watch.
Jonah was able to visit for a bit today and play. While they were digging through toys, I glanced over just at the right time to catch him planting a small quick, kiss on Abby's cheek. It was funny to watch him react to what he did. He looked puzzled, shaking his head like, "What did I just do?". I have to admit that it was sweet. Abby turned a slightly darker shade of pink and tried to pretend it didn't happen, not knowing what to think of it. Ahhh...young love.
I guess you could say Abby has a little Valentine.
Jonah wouldn't open his eyes for any of the pictures. These two are hilarious together.

3 comments:
that's pretty cute.
Love it! What a cute couple! What did Brett say in response to Abby's question? You left us hanging!
So so so cute!
Post a Comment