Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Country Road, Take Me Home"



We just spent a weekend in our own little 'Paradise'.
Back in February, we booked an inexpensive weekend getaway in the mountains. We have been counting down the days to our fun adventure in the Shenandoah's with our friends Jordan and Sara. The Shenandoah River was literally right in front of the cabin where we were staying. It is a beautiful river and the waters were so calm you could see the trees reflecting perfectly. It was great for kids to throw and skip rocks to their hearts content. I loved watching Abby gather her rocks and splash them into the water until sunset. Then, at sunset, the fireflies would come out and sparkle against the water. It was honestly magical. The morning would bring another full day of chasing frogs and kayaking around the river. Bliss, I tell you. I'm glad we got the chance to get away from the big city and just relax as a family. We are definitely going back.




Meet Pete, the Frog. Brett caught him and Abby insisted we call him 'Pete.' We had a good time with Pete and then let him go back by the river. I am not quite sure if Pete felt as thrilled about the event as Abby did, as you can tell from the picture.


Laura kept comparing the river to the movie "Princess and the Frog". She decided to test out and see if Pete would turn into Prince Charming.

Daddy Totem Pole. He hiked like this for a while.


Sara and AJ kayaking on the river


Jordan and Brett caught seven Bass Fish in a matter of 2 hours. We ate them in the morning and they were really good.

Laura got a video of what it is like driving in our car. She didn't get the screaming part, but I'm glad she caught the giggles.

8 comments:

Michelley said...

Looks so beautiful, peaceful, and relaxing. And I'm continually impressed by your mad photography skills!

The Johnson Family said...

What a fun getaway! It looks magical. I'm so glad you had so much fun!

Sarah said...

Wow, talk about an awesome blog update! The Logan pictures, family pictures, graduation pictures, Shenandoah pictures. All GORGEOUS. What awesome trips! Aaah, I miss the east coast.

Michelle said...

Oh man, it looks amazing! You are convincing . . . I want to go! I love the peek-a-boo videos. So, did the frog kiss work? I never saw any pics of the handsome prince . . .

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is SO beautiful! The lake just looks amazing!

Michelle said...

That really does look blissful! What an adorable family you have.

Anonymous said...

Fun! wish I could have been there!

Scott and Stacia said...

Looks beautiful and enjoyable!! Love the videos especially the giggly one and the frog catching :)

Blog Archive