Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Growin' Up!


It has been a big week for Abby! She has officially graduated from the bassinet and advanced to her crib. She seems to really like her new surroundings, which is a good thing. :) Another big milestone for Abby is, she can now hold her head up pretty well. It is amazing how fast she is growing and changing. It's fun to watch her get excited about the world around her.










Abby was being really fussy this weekend and I was running out of ideas to get her to stop crying. Well, I found a solution that worked...football. Brett sat down to watch football with her and the tears stopped. We have another sports adict in the family, following in her dad's footsteps...lovin' the game.


We were making cookies on Sunday and Abby had a fascination with the Kitchen Aid Maker. She couldn't keep her eyes off of the mixer, she was fascinated as it moved round and round. (The cookie dough was VERY mixed by the end of the whole thing.) :)










Monday night, we decided to have a picnic on the Potomac. It was beautiful to watch the sunset next to the shore. Abby seemed to have a great time, until she got hungry. :) It's fun living close to so many great sites.
Here is Abby checking out what's going on during the picnic.

13 comments:

Lincoln and Alisia said...

you look so beautiful in the pic nic pics!

Anonymous said...

I agree Emily. You look so beautiful in the picnic pictures. Wow!!
Also,Abby has changed again. Wow only one week and she is growing hair!!
Fun pictures. Beautiful people!

Kaylyn said...

I am with everyone else, you look beautiful and Abby is absolutely adorable!

The Holmgrens said...

She is so cute! She's got such big eyes! I think she really looks like Brett, but I can still you in her, too! They do grow up so fast Nathan just turned 6 months yesterday and I can't believe it!

Brad Hyde Family said...

Your family is darling! What a beautiful baby!

Angie said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. Boy it goes so fast. We miss you guys!

ellen said...

That is so funny that she is into football! I'm sad to say I never tried that trick, but I'll pass it on to our kids. Love all your photos. The picnic looks divine.

Sarah said...

Ah please come to see me in October! Please please! I want to see you guys and meet Abby! Good thinking on showing her a football game! Football is awesome; of course she's going to love it. Her first words should be "Go Gators" Love you guys!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow! Look at her hold her head up! She's doing great! What good parents she has. You all look great!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

She has already gotten so big and changed so much! She is getting even MORE beautiful, who woulda thunk it was was even possible?!

Lindsey said...

what a beautiful baby!

Squirrel said...

I'm glad you are posting all of this. I won't miss out on Abby growing up after all!

Marzipan said...

Abby is so stinkin cute! And I loved the day that our baby moved into her crib...sleep at last! But I'm glad to see that you guys are doing well!

Also, just a note - our blog is now private but if you'd like to keep reading it just send me an email at mmarci23@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite!

Blog Archive