Monday, September 29, 2008

3am ALARM!

Last week while Brett was out of town, I had a 3 AM alarm incident. When we bought Abby's baby monitor, it came with a motion detector. The motion detector is suppose to alarm when it can't sense the baby's breathing, to help prevent SIDS. (I know, we're paranoid parents.) Anyway, at 3 AM in the morning the alarm went off and being startled from my sleep, I jumped out of bed panicked. This is no quiet alarm. I made a jolt for Abby's room and...WHAM! In my panicked and tired state of mind, I ran right smack into our bedroom door, thinking that I had left it open. Ouch! When I got to Abby's room, she was sleeping peacefully. Her crib is elevated because of her acid reflux, so she had slid down in the crib and off the monitor. Moral to the story: don't run into closed doors, it hurts and I had a puffy lip to prove it. How embarrassing!

11 comments:

Lincoln and Alisia said...

that is hillarious.

Shani said...

Ha ha. I didn't even know they had motion detectors on baby monitors. Who would have thought? I am sorry about the puffy lip. Are you going to post a picture of that????

Emily Hamilton said...

Forgot to take a pic of the lip, I should have though.

Michelle said...

I am glad you can laugh at yourself!

Angie said...

Ouch I bet that hurt. Is she sleeping through the night yet?

Sarah said...

Oh hon, that sounds painful!! I hope you're feeling better. We can't wait to see you!! (and you can leave the door open when you're here ... LOL J/K :)

Ashley Erin said...

hey, who is this girl stuck to david's side i see on your mom's blog? is she going through the ashton approval process right now? :)

Cali said...

Oh Em.. THAT is a good one!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Haha, you're so cute Emily! I am totally getting one of those monitors! We can be crazy worry-wart moms together! Seriously, I am just the same!

Scott and Stacia said...

You are so funny! Thanks for the laugh. I am so glad it was nothing serious!!!! She is so cute! Enjoy!!

Squirrel said...

You're enjoying the many joys and hazards of motherhood, I see!

Blog Archive