This year I have been reading the Chronicles of Narnia to my 4th Graders. Ironically, we just finished the 4th book, Prince Caspian. All of the students were really excited to see the movie, so I told them if they brought an adult and paid for themselves, I would meet them at the movie on Saturday and we could all watch it together. Surprisingly, we had a lot of students show-up for the movie and we had fun watching it together. Brett was a big help for the whole event because he was running up and down the isle of the theater trying to direct all of the students to where the class was sitting.(I have a wonderful husband.:)) We had a great time! (The picture doesn't include all of the students that came...there were quite a few that had to leave quickly after the movie.) I love my little 4th Graders!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Prince Caspian
This year I have been reading the Chronicles of Narnia to my 4th Graders. Ironically, we just finished the 4th book, Prince Caspian. All of the students were really excited to see the movie, so I told them if they brought an adult and paid for themselves, I would meet them at the movie on Saturday and we could all watch it together. Surprisingly, we had a lot of students show-up for the movie and we had fun watching it together. Brett was a big help for the whole event because he was running up and down the isle of the theater trying to direct all of the students to where the class was sitting.(I have a wonderful husband.:)) We had a great time! (The picture doesn't include all of the students that came...there were quite a few that had to leave quickly after the movie.) I love my little 4th Graders!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey we went to see Prince Caspian on Saturday, too! Though without the gaggle of 4th graders ;) Looks like fun! It was a good movie, huh? Though it deviated from the book quite a bit more than the first movie did ... still good though.
Miss you guys!!!!
I think that seeing a movie with your students is a great idea! Especially since you've read the book together. And I know that for their own personal memories, they will always remember thier fourth grade teacher who met them at the movies!! You are an awesome teacher...good luck with the SOL's.
Looks like you had a great time. I'm glad you have had such a great experience. I'm eager to see that movie too.
i think we're kind of stalking you--we saw caspian on saturday too. how fun, to see it with your class!
How cute! You guys are so creative. I'm sure they had a blast and will remember their cool 4th grade teacher forever!
I bet that was so much fun! You look great by the way! You asked me how I lost my baby weight...EXERCISE! Once I was at home all day with a baby, I ached to do something vigorous, so in order to mentally make me feel better, I would go for a run or do kickboxing every day! Luckily, besides mentally it also helps physically! You'll do great and I can't wait to see that little baby!!!!
What a fun "outing" with your class!!
Post a Comment