My little brother Spencer just received his mission call to serve for 2-years in the Fiji, Suva Mission! He will be speaking the Fijian Language while he is there. :) He is going to be an incredible missionary as he gives his time, talent and shares the gospel with the Fijian people! We are very happy for him. He will be leaving for the Missionary Training Center on October 1st!I have posted some pictures from the internet of Fiji and the people there. We love you Spencer, aka 'Spein!' You will bless the lives of the people you meet.
A typical street on the Fijian Islands.
The perfect sunset in Fiji. Wow!

Fijian home and dancers.
Here is a map of Fiji and the surrounding islands. Spencer will be serving in both Fiji and the islands around it.

(I found this great Fijian Dancer and I had to post it. ) Here are some Fijian performers. It looks like a great place to be.
The Fijian Flag.
I love this picture of the Fijian people all gathered together. Spencer will meet some wonderful people and they will abosolutely love him.
Spencer will be a wonderful missionary!
Congrats on your call to serve! LOVE YOU!
Congrats on your call to serve! LOVE YOU!
10 comments:
That's so cool! It's even the same island as Naomi and Marji. Is this the brother that was on the New Era or do you have two brothers?
Such wonderful news. We're thrilled for Spencer.
ellen and bob
I do believe that I have a couple from my home ward that are serving in Fiji. Suddenly the name escapes me...I'll think of it...
How exciting for him. I bet he was floored when he read it! Way cooler than Temple Square (but just as important)
That is awsome. I knew some people that served in fuji and loved it!
Cool.
Thanks for the birthday phone call. It's so nice to be remembered. By more people in my ward than my own family. haha.
YEA! Oh wow, that's so exciting for him! He's going to have such amazing experiences! Tell him congrats from me!
That's so exciting for Spencer! What a beautiful place to go!! He'll be a great missionary for sure!
I think he'll be a wonderful missionary, as well. He's bound to have great adventures; both spiritual and cultural!
His Aunt Sue is mighty proud.
What a beautiful place! So lucky to be able to serve there. Tell him congrats for me.
Elder Stuart Jakins also started in the MTC October 1st. See
//elderjakins.blogspot.com
Post a Comment