Monday, October 29, 2012

Trunk or Treat 2012


Our church had it's annual Trunk or Treat this past weekend.  The kids got really wound up for this, which I don't blame them. I remember getting so excited as a child for events like this and the minutes ticked by so slowly. It's fun to watch Abby get into the holidays.  I had her asking me every 5 minutes if it was 'time to go yet.' Gratefully the hour arrived and she was able to put on her princess gown with glitter everywhere...literally. Her carseat now sparkles along with our carpet and stairs. We are 'all girl' at our house.  On the other hand, we had to tackle Kate to put on her costume because she would have preferred to go in her diaper or nothing at all. 
 A good time was had by all because, really, who couldn't have fun when it involves candy, donuts, and chocolate?! I was really impressed with all the trunks, decorations and costumes. We have such creative friends. We're so glad they did this because we may not get to trick or treat this year with the storm.  We were in charge of a trunk, but with Brett gone and a busy week we didn't have much time to plan anything.  So, about an hour before the event, we picked up some leaves and made two posters declaring 'The Predicted Aftermath of 'FRANKENSTORM.' (We do hope everyone is alright with the storm and it's not too bad.) Not the most exciting trunk, but hey, at least we tried. Haha. The most important part is to have candy so we had that. :)  
It was Kate's first year to get into the trick or treating and she thought it was a pretty sweet deal.  After going through and getting candy from trunks she thought she was suppose to 'trick or treat' out of others bags.   I caught her sneaking her little hand into quite a few bags as we walked around, she is the perfect height for that.  Um...no. Good efforts Kate. She is now a huge fan of Halloween, along with her sister.  We love this time of year, definitely something we always look forward to.


The two Abbys and Kate.

Abby and Vivi were twins.

A different side of Spencer.

Cute Prince Family

 Funks sporting leopard


Barrus Family Doctors

Keepin it real

Superhero Roring Family

Cute Jack as, The HULK.



Some of the fun and clever trunks:
















2 comments:

NaDell said...

I think your trunk is pretty terrific! I hope you all fare well over there during this storm! It sounds like it's going to be awful! We're thinking of you.

The Holmgrens said...

So cute. Love your cute little family

Blog Archive