Sunday, October 28, 2012

Skyline



I love walking outside right now to a crisp breeze and the smell of burning firewood.  Fall is in full swing and I'm in heaven. This time of year is such a nice break from the thick humidity and the trees are honestly incredible.  Since Fall is at it's peak, we decided to take full advantage of the time and go to Skyline Drive with our good friends, the Rorings.  We of course had to stop by our favorite apple orchard, Hartland, on the way.  We bought mounds of yummy apples and munched on them as we drove through the tops of the Shenandoah Mountains.  Most of the leaves were at the peak of color and it was gorgeous.  Great company and beautiful scenery.  The perfect day.



Picking her favorite apples.



Cute lil Jack and Brittany.



 Views from the road.

We made a wish driving through this tunnel.  

Me and Brit overlooking the mountains. I have to say Brittany and Tony are amazing! They are going through a lot right now with Tony's chemo treatments and they always have smiles on their faces.  They inspire me. 
We love their family!











I love my girls.





1 comment:

Liesel said...

Yay I found your blog. I love all these pictures! It looks like a super pretty drive. Maybe if the trees don't all fall down this week I'll have to see about doing this too.

Blog Archive