Sunday, September 16, 2012

Preschool





Abby had her first day at preschool last week and she loved it.  She is going to Westover Preschool, where I teach music on Mondays. It's fun to watch her get excited and feel independent.  She loves to bring the old DOTS lunchbox we have at the house and won't go without it.  I asked her what new friends she has made and she listed all the girls in the class, but no boys.  Hmmm.  She then basically added that girls don't play with boys, 'they're crazy.' Oh dear. We chatted about how boys really aren't crazy, but I don't think I had her convinced.  I guess this whole boy/girl battle starts at an early age.  
 I was a little hesitant with this whole preschool business, but after the first week I am realizing it was a really good thing for Abby.  She has a great time, gets some classroom structure and Miss Kate gets some alone time with mommy, which she needed.  I will say that Kate was pretty concerned about where Abby was on the first day.  The whole time she was gone Kate kept looking for 'Abu'.  When we finally pulled up to the school to get her, Kate kicked her legs squealing, 'Abu, Abu!' (It was pretty cute.) She loves her sister.
She is growing up way too fast. I can't believe Kindergarten is next year.




3 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

i love dots! and little boys are pretty crazy, (at least mine are) she's a smart girl.

Sarah said...

So adorable!!!!!

browniemom said...

Little Abby in preschool??? I can't believe it!! She is so dang cute!! Kisses!

Blog Archive