Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August in Photos

This Summer has been fun with some great highlights, but I'll be honest that it has been a long one too.  Brett is currently doing a hard case with work and has been gone a lot.  He has tried his best to be home with us when he can, but as a lawyer, sometimes it's just crazy.  In the meantime, the girls and I tried to fill our time with fun things to take our mind off the fact that Daddy wasn't home.  It was so nice to be with friends.  Friends are great for getting you through long days.  I'm so grateful for the wonderful friends in my life because they have kept me sane. I have also learned that a little bit of ice cream, a nice run, sleep or even a good cry can do the soul good after a long day. (They don't all fit together but you get the idea.) Ha!  I have a whole new admiration for moms that do this alone, I don't know how they do it, they're amazing.  Brett is still a great help when he can during the week and that makes such a difference.

I must say after a wild day, it always helps to look flip through these pictures and smile at the memories we have made.  My life is rich with blessings. I couldn't ask for more.


Here are some of the things that have kept us busy having fun this Summer (via my phone):





The National Zoo 


 Gotta have Slurpees


Many visits to Frying Pan Farm...


Abby adores Gabbi.


Kate and her best friend,  Natalie.


The Splash Park


Em and Mal are very popular at our house.


A picnic with cute Natalie.


The Library



Clemyjontri Park, a kids paradise.


This girl is going to be a crazy driver, oh help me.



Roosevelt Island 



Fun play-dates with friends.


Waaaaay too many cicadas.  
For some reason these noisy bugs creep me out.



Talking to herself in the mirror after getting her hair done.



This kid has so much personality.


Visits to the National Mall. 


Awesome Ingrid Michelson Concert with my sister.


Fun with Benjamin.

Many parks...



Tysons on a rainy day...


Dollar movie


Cute Jack


Burke Lake


Fun with Allison, Jensen and Daniel.

'




No comments:

Blog Archive