Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Five Years



Five years ago at this time I was getting my hair curled and done up for the biggest day of my life. I remember not being able to sleep much the previous night, wondering what the following day would be like. A girl always dreams about her wedding day. It promised to be a day I would always remember because I got to marry my best friend. I arrived at the temple with butterflies in my stomach. (Part of those butterflies could of been from several stop signs my mom and I ran in the car while getting there. I guess we were both a little nervous.) I remember meeting Brett and taking his hand. As soon as I clutched his hand all the stress of a crazy morning left. My nervousness slipped away and I just savored the time we had together there. The next few hours in the temple would be ones I will never forget. I loved looking in his eyes knowing that he was mine forever. I know that sounds sappy, but it's true. Brett is honestly the best thing that ever happened to me. It has been a wonderful 5 years. Right now I can't help looking down at little Baby Kate playing happily on the floor beside me as I write this. Little did we know that five years later we would be living 2,000 miles from home, with two beautiful little girls.
Happy 5 years Babe. I love you more than anything!

This picture is from the night Brett proposed.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post. When can I watch your girls so that you can celebrate?

Angie said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe it has been five years! Now you need to move closer to home! We love and miss you guys sO much! Love ya

browniemom said...

Happy Anniversary! What more could you ask for, marital bliss, and two beautiful daughters. Life is good!

NaDell said...

You guys are so sweet. I love that we have so many ways to keep in touch and although I haven't seen you in person since your reception, I still feel like I KNOW you and I love it (even though I miss our college semester of fun.) Happy five years!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Happy Anniversary!

The Giles said...

Happy Anniversary. You guys are a great couple!!!

Jackie Sanders said...

SO cute! You guys are darling! Look at what babies you look like!
Happy Aniv.
Oh, and the address for your soon to be Anniversary dinner or lunch is
Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe
2150 N. Culpeper Street Arlington, VA 22207
Please go and ENJOY!! (we might even see you there!!!)

Sarah said...

Yea happy 5 years! I hope you did something more fun to celebrate than we did for ours (who says throwing up dinner isn't romantic?!?) Seriously, I was so happy when you two started dating... you make the best pair in the world :)

Scott and Stacia said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Blog Archive