When I was 20 years old I have the opportunity to go live in Russia to teach English to little children. My time there was something that has changed the way I see things. I am so grateful for my time with the Russian people. I was so blessed to be able to get to know them. They will always have a place in my heart.
When I heard there was a temple being built in Ukraine it brought tears to my eyes because that meant they would have a temple close by and make it much more accessible. The people there would sacrifice so much to be able to make it to the Sweden Temple, which was the closest temple at the time. Some would be lucky to even make it once in their life. There was an elderly sister in our branch that had been saving her whole life to visit the temple. She had a jar at home collecting her ruebles. All this made me realize how blessed we are to have temples on the earth and even more grateful for temples that were close by. I am so happy for the many people that will be BLESSED by this temple.
Kyiv Ukraine Temple Cultural Celebration
1 comment:
There should be a "like" button, you know, like on Facebook. I like this post :)
Post a Comment