Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lucky

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We hope you all had the 'Luck of the Irish' today. Green has always been the color of luck on St. Patrick's Day. My cute husband wanted to make the day 'lucky' and went to great efforts to make it all GREEN. He worked hard to make an awesome dinner. When I arrived home from some errands, the food was placed nicely on the table, all ready for us to dine. He was so proud of the final product. He had dyed all the food to look the right color for the day. As many of you know, Brett is color blind and one of the difficult colors to see is GREEN. I didn't want to tell him that our food was actually BLUE. :) No matter the color, it was delicious and perfect for us. His goal was accomplished...we felt LUCKY to have such a wonderful Daddy. I love my sweet man!

9 comments:

browniemom said...

Awwww....so sweet! I think green food looks disgusting anyway. Blue food would be much better:)

Angie said...

What a guy! I'm glad it was good! But then he definetly knows how to cook!

Bryn said...

What an awesome husband!! Major brownie points. I never knew he was color blind...

Gramma said...

How neat.....You both deserve the best St. Patrick's day.

Grandma Hamilton

Sarah said...

Brett's the man :)

Bob said...

Ha ha. Awesome. Hey, are you guys coming to our March Madness pizza party on Saturday night? Brett, give me a call.

Michelle said...

SO funny. I love this story.

Tricks are for Kidds said...

Thanks for sharing your "lucky" story. I think that you will always have that memory every St. Patrick's Day...how wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Thanks Brett for taking such good care of my girls! I rest well at night because of you.

Blog Archive