Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Breaks My Heart


Lately I have been thinking a lot about the Haitian people. It's heart breaking to see all that has happened...I hurt so much for them. I got to know quite a few Haitian people while serving my mission in the Dominican Republic and they were the sweetest, most humble people. They taught me that you can be happy with the simple joys in life of family and friends. You don't need a lot of 'things,' just those you love most. I hope things get better soon for the people there. Pray for the Haitians!
(All my mission pictures are at my parents home, but I found this one online that reminded me of a typical thing I would see there. Such great people.)
P.S. My friend Kimi has family that just returned from there. They have a blog that is safe to donate to for the cause: www.ffcin.org

5 comments:

browniemom said...

Oh Emily you have such a tender heart. I am sure you touched many lives on your mission. It is heart breaking to see and hear of the tragedy in Haiti.

Sarah said...

Breaks my heart, too. We made a small donation through the church's website. Not much, but every little bit helps, right?

Recksieks said...

We were just talking about how you and Jeff served in that area and were wondering if you served in any part of Haiti?..It is heartbreaking! We will keep praying for them! Thanks for you thoughts!

Michelle said...

It IS so sad! I bet you helped so many people on your mission!

Michelley said...

Thanks for sharing that. Our hearts have been so tender towards them as well. That's so neat you got to work with some of them on your mission!

Blog Archive