.jpg)
Our window had been completely shattered. Someone had broken into our car. We had locked it, but apparently they were clever enough to turn off our alarm.
They stole our airbag and the GPS. They smeared Abby's banana chips all over the back seat and spread my coupons around. (I guess they didn't want those.)
This makes 2 big things stolen from us in the last 2 years, our airbag and Brett's scooter. These thieves are making this an annual event. I wish they would just leave us poor students alone. When we called the police, they said they didn't have time to investigate because they were too busy with other crimes done that night. Sad. Oh well, things could always be worse. We're just grateful that we are all alive and well.We have amazing friends and they invited us over for dinner that night and made me a yummy birthday cake! We're blessed to have such great family and friends...they are what get you through bad days like Thursday.
5 comments:
Emily, I'm so sorry about your car. When we lived in DC for the summer (a couple of years ago) we had our car broken into and the only thing they stole was the GPS (they were nice enough to leave the coupons alone.) The cop that investigated said sometimes the passenger window doesn't sound the alarm. Again, so sorry!
I AM SOO SORRY!!
That just plain stinks. Out of painful curiosity, I have been watching craiglist to see if any of my things turn up, they haven't. I wish they would leave poor students alone, too!! Boo.
Well at least the coupons weren't taken :)
What a rotten ending to a great Christmas week!!
I am so sorry that happened. Your happy attitude about it though is very admirable. You guys are wonderful!
So sorry! That stinks. That's actually happened to me twice. I hate it! And each time the police said they wouldn't investigate it. Stinks. Sorry!!
Post a Comment