Monday, October 26, 2009

The Headless Horseman Rides



We had a wonderful time in Sleepy Hollow, New York last week. Cory and Sarah introduced us to the idea and we are so glad they did. As you all know, Sleepy Hollow is famous for the story of the Headless Horsemen, so we thought it would be fitting to go there around Halloween. It was fun, quaint little town and there was lots to see. We loved getting away from the big city for a while to enjoy nature and see some beautiful sites.
A big hit for the trip was the Pumpkin Blaze just outside of town. There were THOUSANDS of pumpkins carved and displayed, it was quite the site. Abby kept saying "WOW" the whole time we walked through the blaze of pumpkins. Definitely a place we want to see again.
I was great to be with friends and enjoy the Fall.

Happy baby.

The girls


Sleepy Hollow


Walking through the paths.

The mill



With Daddy...checking out the animals.

Abby LOVES cats. My parents cat 'Kit' got her interested.



In front of Washington Irving's home in NY.

The house from full view.

Abby looking up at me from her stroller as we walked through Irving's land.

A tree on Irving's land that existed during the Revolution...cool.

Beautiful home on his land.


The streets of Sleepy Hollow


Looking over the bridge where the 'Headless Horseman' ran. :)

The old bridge from the story.

Washington Irving's grave.

All Smiles!
Hugs!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Those pictures are beautiful! I had to do a double take on the one with the water behind you . . . Is that for real, or is it a painting? SO pretty! It looks like you had a great time!

The Giles said...

We took a Fall trip to Sleepy Hollow while living in NY. Matt borrowed a motorcycle from a friend and we spent a lovely day there. (This was pre-Matthew). But it sure would've been cool at Halloween time. Great pics.

Bryn said...

Gorgeous pictures!!!! I think we are going to have to visit sleepy hollow also.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm jealous! You two plan the best trips.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad we went and met you guys there! We had an awesome time (throwing up aside). Again, I wish you lived closer so we could do more stuff!

Blog Archive