Thursday, March 26, 2009

2009 National Half Marathon

We did it! Last Saturday, Brett and I ran the National Half Marathon. It was a fun race and a great memory. The race route went past the National Mall and passed through the avenues in DC. There a lot of neat buildings we ran past.

Running feels so good! I love it when you get to the end of the race and you have the 'runners high'... it is the best feeling. There is nothing like working hard toward a goal and reaching the finish line. My mom has always been an inspiration to me for running. She has been going ever since I can remember and still is...Thanks Mom!


We were able to run the race with our friends, Reese, Mike and Bishop Stewart. Tom was a good man and took Abby with the girls and met us at the end. Friday Night, we enjoyed a yummy CARB Dinner at the Stewart's, which kept us going for the race. Thanks for the good food!











Enjoying a round of Rock Band at the Bishop's.


Ellie Stewart demonstrating her Rock Band skills.













Reese all ready to run!

We had a great time...

Bring on the next race!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go! That is awesome!! You make me proud!

NaDell said...

Good job!
Where are you at in that last picture?
How long is a half marathon? Is it 13?

Lincoln and Alisia said...

So impressive! Congrats!!

Kiley said...

Wow! Way to go! I wish I had that kind of stamina . . .

Its a young life.... said...

That is awesome! Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am very proud of all you are doing and all your great accomplishments. I wish I could have run the race with you!! What a great experience!!

Blog Archive