Things were wild and crazy here in Virginia on November 4th! It seems like signs cluttered every inch of land with different political views and every commercial on the radio was for the elections. Brett left early in the morning to vote and got there right when the school opened. He still had to wait in line for 90 minutes. Abby and I went in the middle of the day and didn't have to wait long at all. Abby even got an 'I voted' sticker. Washington DC was nuts in the evening when the votes were being counted. We wanted to go and be part of the action, but when we found out how crazy it was we decided that wasn't safe for Abby. :) We went and walked around DC for our date on Friday night instead.It was a cool experience to be able to vote! We are very blessed to live in a country where we can exercise our rights, voice our opinion, and enjoy our freedom. It reminded me of teaching my 4th graders about George Washington and how he could have easily become king after the Revolutionary War, but he gave the power to the people and worked with good leaders to build a strong government system that wasn't completely controlled by one person.
We are grateful to live in this nation!
11 comments:
What a great experience!! I am absolutely proud and delighted for all you are learning and experiencing in Virginia. Proud Mama!! Also, another adorable picture of my precious granddaughter. Thanks MOM
Nice chair...
That is so cool that you were back there and got to experience it! Way to vote!
baby bumbo! grade AAA Zelbs, unadulterated.
Yeah I'm sure it was more exciting down there than it was up here ... you know, we live with corn and cows :) Cute picture of Abby!
It's pretty cool that you were so close to the action!
And . . . what a cute little girl!
How exciting to be right there in Washington. Maybe you'll get to take a peak at our new president one of these first days.
Love the darling pictures of Abby, and hoping you are coming out for Christmas so we can see you all.
Abby looks so cute in that chair. Where did you find it? I'm proud of her for voting.
Isn't it great to be an American!
I bet it was crazy!! And I've heard good things about those bumbo seats...Abby is so adorable; she looks so tiny and cute in the seat!
That would've been nuts to be in DC on Election night.
And that dance video is hilarious!
Post a Comment