
To celebrate our 2-year anniversary, we planned a day trip to Philly, but I think we were being a bit overambitious with having a 1 month old. Obviously, Philly fell through the cracks after a sleepless night with a baby, but no big deal. :) The glory of living in DC is there are millions of things to do around your own home! I love it! We decided to use our free pass and head to one of our favorite places, Mount Vernon. We loaded Abby up in the car and headed out on the town. It was great to get out and walk on the shore of the Potomac River. Mount Vernon is a beautiful place to go to get away from city life and enjoy nature. The sun was out and it was a gorgeous day!
After a good time at Mount Vernon, Brett suggested we go to the outlet mall. (He knows what can make a girl happy. ) We spent the remainder of the day walking through the outlets, which are some of my favorite stores. Brett is such a wonderful husband. He patiently waited in every store, surrounded by women, while I browsed through the sales. He even took Abby the whole time and made sure she was happy. It was funny to watch how much attention Brett got from all the women passing through the stores because he had a baby with him. What a man! He endured hours of outlet shopping with a smile and he did it for me. He does things like this all the time. I sure love him!


On left, Abby hit exhaustion after a long night. :) She was a good sport to come with us on our outing. On the right, we're checking out the ducks on Potomac River...a family tradition!


Hiking a trail and checking out the horses with dad.
We had a wonderful anniversary! I love you Brett! Thanks for everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment