This Summer we took a road trip to the California Coast. My family had a reunion in California since my brother was doing at internship in San Francisco at the time. We were crazy and decided to make a road trip out of it. We drove from Austin to: San Diego - Disneyland - San Francisco -Lake Tahoe- Salt Lake City - Denver and back home. Phew! By the time all was said and done we had traveled more than 5,000 miles in a our swagger wagon. I must say, of all the places we saw on the road, El Paso won the prize as the most ugly, with Tuscan as a close second. San Diego and San Francisco were tied as the most beautiful but I think San Francisco won out in the end. California never disappoints with all there is to see and do. The Pacific Coast is breathtaking. The kids loved experiencing the Pacific Ocean for the first time.
We were a little nervous to take 3 kiddos on a loooong road trip. It was definitely not without meltdowns and tantrums from kids and adults alike, BUT we actually didn't mind the drive and want to do another road trip next Summer. I guess I personally like it better than flying because I don't have to worry about people around me getting irritated. (Flying stresses me out with kids.) It was fun to see all the places we drove through on our journey. Nothing like a little adventure. I love to travel.
First stop in Cali…San Diego. The pictures say it all.
Nothing like a sunset on the West Coast.
Watching the Sea Lions Sun Bath.
First views of the Pacific.
Newport Beach
Kate loved digging her toes in the sand and Abby loved chasing the waves. They wore themselves out running back and forth as the water came crashing into the shore.












As for the drive…there were a few moments like these:

Arizona has lots of big cactus
And there are a whole lot of windmills….thousands.



















No comments:
Post a Comment