Monday, September 9, 2013

The beginning of the next 20 plus years...


And so it begins, the next 20 plus years of her life will now involve schooling.  Abby started Kindergarten last week and is loving it.  I thought she would be timid when I dropped her off, but she sat right down and started coloring and chatting with her friend.  When I went to give her a kiss she happily said, "See ya mom." Well ok, I guess she was fine. Gratefully she got in the same class as her friend from church and I think that really helped the transition.  She even rode the bus home that day and felt pretty cool getting off with all the kids.  Abby loves to feel grown up.  She chatted away about her day and loved it. Now, I will say that the first week wasn't all 'peaches and roses.' The bus comes to pick up Abby at 7am and doesn't drop her off until 3pm, making it a bit of a long day for a 5-year old. We had our fair share of meltdowns from exhaustion, which I hear is pretty normal and it just takes some time to adjust.   Until then, we will try and find ways to help her relax when she returns at the end of a long day. 
Kate misses her sister, but I do think she loves having full reign of the toys at home and has a little more one-on-one mommy time.  It is fun to see her when Abby gets home. She lights up and says "I missed my sister!" It's fun to see Abby start a new chapter in her life and I'm glad she loves school. 













Checking out the school the week before...

Abby and her good friend Ryland.


Here she is the night before all in bed waiting for morning, she was so excited. 




The first day arrived. She sat right down and started coloring with Ryland.


She made it off the bus...success!

2 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

It's such a big milestone! She looks so cute!

Michelle said...

It is so crazy that she is already going to school all day! It sounds like she handled the transition beautifully. That school looks really new and nice. I miss you and your family. We still consider you guys family. This week I was showing Gabbi a map of the US, and pointing out where all of our cousins live. She knows right where you guys live on the map . .. we listed you right along with the cousins. :) Congrats to you on sending her, Emily . . . Sometimes I think it is harder on the Mom than on the child! :)

Blog Archive