Shannon has been my friend ever since I was 6 yrs old. We lived just a few houses down from each other and many Summer days we would run barefoot back and forth from each others homes. He had many 'lemonade stands' and built pretty cool forts from old scrap-wood. We might have even hid in the window sills of her house from their insane pet bunny. There are many stories to tell but to sum it up, she is basically a sister to me. So, when she told me she was getting married, there was no question that I was flying out for the occasion. I must say it was a bit strange to fly all by myself on a plane. I finished two books and even took a nap, it was awesome. Flying is a completely different experience without little ones, though I did miss them while I was gone. It was a very quick trip to Utah and back but very worth it. The wedding was beautiful and fit her personality perfectly. Mike, her husband is an awesome guy and we are really happy for them. It was really nice to see family as well during my visit and made for a fun weekend.
(I am sooo sad I didn't have my camera to use during this whole trip, but the phone pulled through for me.)
(I am sooo sad I didn't have my camera to use during this whole trip, but the phone pulled through for me.)
I loved her cake.
Wedding luncheon
I went downtown literally every day because I love it. It was fun to meet my mom for lunch at Kneaders and walk around the streets covered in Spring blossoms. Crazy enough, I got to experience Spring twice this year. ;)
We always love our family walks along Bountiful Blvd. We ran into my cousin Mike while were walking and it was great to see him before he leaves for his mission in July, he's such a good guy and will be an awesome missionary.
I got to see my grandparents while I was there. They have both had a rough couple of months health wise so I'm glad they are doing better. Grandpa was feeling back to normal and cracking his jokes as usual.
The next visit will be in July for a few weeks with Brett and the girls. Here's hoping we survive the drive.



No comments:
Post a Comment