Sunday, April 21, 2013

New Home



I still can't believe it's real to have our very own home.  It still feels like we are temporarily living here.  When we first arrived in Austin, we rented an apartment in Round Rock on a month-to-month basis in order to find a house.  I never realized how time consuming and crazy it can be to try and find the right home, neighborhood etc. etc., it's quite the process but fun at the same time. After several months of searching we came across this home and it just felt right.  We loved the neighborhood, the schools, the area, running trails, and trees.  It seemed like a good fit for our little family.  I can't tell you what a blessing it is to have this home. We have a whole garage...a GARAGE.  I love going grocery shopping, driving into the driveway and just walking into the house with the groceries, it's awesome.  We also love having a little yard for the girls to play. It's heavenly to just sit in the back yard and breathe the fresh air.  The girls don't quite know what do about having more space.  They are use to apartment space where they basically can always have some sort of view of me, so they feel a bit uneasy when we can be on different levels or they can't 'hear' me. When they are playing and I am not nearby, they will yell out to ask where I am just to make sure I'm there.  The neighborhood we live in had a 'Music in the Park' event the other night and it was so fun to go and meet people.  There were families everywhere playing with kids and enjoying the night.  I love the family-oriented feel that Texas has. This area is a good fit for our family right now.  As time passes on, I am realizing more and more why this place was the right choice for us. We're so blessed to have a home and I'm excited for the memories that are going to be made here.

"The happiest of moments in my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family." 
-Thomas Jefferson

In all honesty, it doesn't matter where I live or what type of dwelling it is. It can be anything from a basement 'newly wed' apartment, to a 3rd floor condo, as long as I have my little family with me my life is good. I love them and I am happiest when they are with me. Each place we have lived has been great in it's own way and it's been great because of the memories we have made there. But, I won't lie when I say we are very grateful for a little more space...and a garage. ;) 
Now I want to sleep for 8 years after moving twice in 3 months. Ha! A HUGE thanks to my parents and my cousins for moving us into our home.

VISITORS WELCOME :)

(I tried to get a picture of the girls in front of the house and they wouldn't hold still for 2 seconds so you get the iphone pic.)

Here is a picture of part of the running trail near our house, I love it.

8 comments:

NaDell said...

So exciting! I wanna see inside that beautiful house! I sure hope you don't have to move again for a LONG time.

Bexie Funk said...

beautiful! i'm so glad you guys found a place!

Christen Aubrey said...

CONGRATULATIONS Emily! Your home is BEAUTIFUL! and your girls are so stinkin adorable! You are just so sweet. An example to me for sure! I hope all is well :)

Sarah said...

LOVE it! I am so coming to visit!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Beautiful home, Emily! Looks like you're adjusting to Texas! We'll have to get together.

Autumn and Dallin said...

I'm officially jealous! That is awesome! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Michelle said...

Your home is beautiful! I'm so happy for you! It sounds perfect. You are so good at maintaining a good perspective about life. Those bluebonnet pictures are amazing. So precious.

Mama Chick said...

Emily, your home is so pretty! I kept laughing whenever you mentioned your garage. :) I'm so happy for you. You give me hope that someday, I too will be able to walk straight into my house with groceries and kids, rather than wrangling/bribing/yelling to get them up the stairs. I really miss you so much. If I could create my own earthy utopia, you'd definitely be in it. :)

Blog Archive