Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Kate!


This sweet little girl turned two years old today.  Happy Birthday Kate!
We sure love you.  Today we tried to get her to say how old she is and she would say, "I's two. Happy Day, Me." Oh, how I love her.  She melts my heart and gives me a good workout.  I know people always say this, but I really can't believe how fast she is growing up.  
For her birthday she wanted a play-date with her best friend Natalie.  She asks for 'Nalee'. We had a very simple 'Tea Party,' two year old style, on Friday while Abby was in preschool.  Natalie and Kate are darling together, it's so fun to watch them grow up.  


Making a wish...


Best Buddies. As you can see from the look on her face, she adores Natalie.




A little piece of the 'tea party'. 

This picture shows a taste of your personality for sure...



Birthday Letter.

Dear Kate,

What a year it has been! You started it off wobbly walking through the house, to running at full speed.  Now I honestly can't keep up with you.  I have to be quick on my toes before you escape and get into too much mischief.  With that speed, you love to explore and aren't happy if I ever have to interrupt your explorations. I am glad you love to learn. 

You have such a big heart and make a good effort to give lots of hugs and kisses without hesitation.  Your smile is contagious and you know how to use that to your benefit when you're in trouble.  Along with your smile, you have gained fame for what many know as 'the Pops Face.' You were deemed that name because it looks very similar to how Pops (my dad) smiles.  You proudly sport this expression for crowds large and small as you milk the attention for all it's worth. You are full of personality. 

Throughout this year you have also gained several nicknames, anywhere from 'Kate-Kate' (which Abby gave you), to 'Hunny Badger.' Uncle Dave gave you the name 'Hunny Badger' because you will do anything for food, especially Goldfish Crackers and ice cream.  In fact, the other day when we were at the grocery store buying a few things, you made sure that we left with ice cream and goldfish for your birthday. You were thrilled when I even let you eat some of your Goldfish for breakfast on your big day.

Baby dolls are definitely your thing and you will carry them around the house rocking them and saying, 'Shhh, shhh, shhh...nite nite baby'.   I will often go to our shower to find mounds of blankets you and Abby have gathered where your dolls are buried underneath to 'sleep.'

It's so fun to have you in our family!  One of my favorite things is to kiss your little nose and get a big hug and wet kiss from you in return.  We love you more than words can say.  I hope you had a Happy Birthday, or in your words, "Happy Day, Me!"  
xoxo

Love,
Dad and Mom


1 comment:

Jackie Sanders said...

Cute cute cute CUTE!!!
OH my heck!!!
She is beautiful!!!
Happy sweet birthday, baby girl!!!
What a DOLL!!!!!

Blog Archive