I have to admit, I love having girls. Sure, we have our fair share of 'drama,' but that is minor to all the fun and frill little girls bring. I was a wee bit hesitant to sign Abby up for dance, wondering if she was too young. But, she kept begging to be able to take classes, so we signed her up and I am sure glad. She looked forward to every single week that she got to get dressed up and spin on the dance floor. I can't decide if she was more excited to dress in her ballerina clothes or dance in the studio. No matter, she was in heaven and that is what was important. Seeing the sheer joy on her face to dance with her friends in her tutu solidified the fact it was a good decision.
Abby had her first recital last Saturday. It is always entertaining to go to these recitals and watch the young ones on stage trying to figure out which is the right or left foot. When you are three, it's alright to adjust your nylons, leotard, or even a 'weggie' on stage. And, there were quite a few young performers that demonstrated that when there is something caught IN your nose, you sure better fix it. ;) Oh, I love it. Miss Abby danced her little heart out on stage and I have to admit she did a really good job following the teacher. It was fun to see her confidence grow. She was so proud and felt like a princess.
It's so fun to have girls.
Abby and her friend Joey.
She was moving so fast in the rest of these pictures, I couldn't keep up with her. haha

This is how she posed and it definitely shows some spice.
She was moving so fast in the rest of these pictures, I couldn't keep up with her. haha

This is how she posed and it definitely shows some spice.
(I'm sad I accidentally cut off her feet in this one. Oh, well.)

Here is a brief clip of the recital. Our recorder didn't work well. Abby is in the center, the shortest one.







4 comments:
WOW! Those pictures are stunning! You did such a great job of capturing her personality, and that darling little outfit!! SO SO cute!
I LOVE little girls too! I remember my girl's just about the same age dancing in beautiful costumes! Your little Abby girl is adorable! What a dancer!
You've got quite a performer there! She's darling, and you're a great photographer!
way cute!!!
Post a Comment