Sunday, April 15, 2012

Patience

I am sure many of you have seen this movie clip but I wanted to share it because I like it.  Patience is definitely something I need a whole lot more of, especially with my children and myself at the moment. :)  And on that note, anyone have any tips on raising two adorable little girls that are strong-willed and a wee bit (or a lot) stubborn?  They are sure fun and I love them more than anything, but I need tips AND a nap.
Oh, and just to show how crazy my brain is at the moment. I just returned from Costco to notice the giant bag of toilet paper I bought was not in the car. (And why would we need so much toilet paper? Ask Kate.) Last time I remember it was in the parking lot.  Opps!  I am sure people were laughing as I drove off. How I miss putting a jumbo pack of toilet paper in the car is beyond me.  And, somehow I lost our Costco Points Check in the whole fiasco. Double Opps!  (Don't worry, that check can be reimbursed.) Phew. Brett was calling our credit card while I drove home without the toilet paper. Awesome. I just have to laugh.  This is just one of the many 'Costco Sagas' because I have also lost my wallet there as well. In an attempt to make me feel better about, Brett mentioned that maybe a homeless man really needed some Quilted Northern in his life.  My poor husband won't admit it, but I think he's afraid for me to venture there anymore.
 I know, I'm crazy. Just had to share.  

3 comments:

NaDell said...

I love that talk and clip of the marshmallows. A family I know filmed their grandkids and grand nephews and nieces with the marshmallows and compiled it all. It was fun. I still need to try it on my kids. I think I know who the 'saver' is at our house.
Strong-willed and stubborn are great traits for the future when people (especially boys!) want them to do things they shouldn't. The trick is to guide them into knowing which things they should do and which ones to say no to.
My best advice for little kids who like to make decisions on their own is this:
When Elizabeth (now 9) was little and wanted to pick out her own clothes, I'd pick two or three outfits and she would pick from those choices that I was okay with. Mostly this was on Sunday when I wanted her to look nice. I didn't care as much during the week if she wanted to wear her t-shirts every day (they had to be clean!) If I knew I wanted her to wear one dress in particular, I'd give her the choice of that dress along with a dress I KNEW she wouldn't pick because she didn't like it. This method didn't ever backfire. =)
Same thing with other things like lunch, hair things, whether to read or brush teeth first, etc.
Good luck! I'd love more tips too!

Jannie said...

Those Easter pictures are sooo sooo beautiful! Beautiful girls and great photography!

Bexie Funk said...

don't worry we've all had days like that.

Blog Archive