It has been the perfect weekend. We always love to listen to General Conference and feel renewed. It's also fun to continue some of our traditions...walks and cinnamon rolls.
When I was a kid, we would often drive in the mountains to see the Fall leaves in between Conference sessions. Since we don't have mountains, we decided go early that morning to Roosevelt Island and walk through the forest. Abby was in heaven! She could roam free and there were rocks, sticks and squirrels galore.
While we were out, I decided to play around with Brett's camera. He has had this camera since before we got married, when he was taking photography classes. I have really wanted to learn how to take good pictures so I have been trying to learn. I obviously have a long way to go, but it's fun to use. I was hoping to take some shots of Abby and practice using some aperture, but she was not going to hold still ... I can't blame her. It is so hard to get pictures of this kid holding still AND smiling at the same time. She's always on the go.
It was a beautiful walk. The leaves haven't changed yet because September was still pretty hot, but you just wait... Fall on the East is breathtaking, I love it!

In our backyard after the rainstorm, wearing her hat.
I told Abby to smile for the camera and this is what she did...

I'm so glad she wants to cooperate.
It was a perfect weekend.



4 comments:
She's adorable. Past adorable. So excited for Spencer to come home!
The pic where she is wearing her hat with those HUGE eyes is ADORABLE! What fun traditions. Isn't conference weekend the BEST?!
LOVE Roosevelt Island, LOVE the picture of Abby with the hat!
those pictures are adorable! my favorite is the one of her in the hat, too cute!
Post a Comment