Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Taste of Country


Recently, Abby has become quite fond of a particular book 'All Things Bright and Beautiful.' It was a cute book my parents gave me for Easter when I was in college studying to be a teacher. I love childrens' books and have a little collection. I came across this one a month ago and thought I would read it to Abby. Ever since then, she won't put it down. It has become a family favorite for sure. She asks me to read it to her everyday and will point at all the animals as we read. Because of her love for this book, we decided to get out of the 'big city' for a bit to spend the morning with our good friends at Frying Pan Farm. Ahhh...a little taste country does the heart good. Abby LOVED seeing all the farm animals and kept waving to them, saying 'hi'. The trip was definitely a success! I have a feeling we will be returning soon to our 'small taste of country,' hidden in the big city.


Jensen and Abby driving on the country road.

Lovin' it!

Watch out, here she comes! Keep your eyes on the road...

Talking to the chickens.


All Things Bright and Beautiful
By Cecil Frances Alexander

(You will probably recognize this as a song.)

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,

All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,

Each little Bird that sings,


He made their glowing colors,
He made their tiny wings.

The purple-headed mountain,
The river running by,

The sunset and the morning
That brightens up the sky,

The cold wind in the winter,
The pleasant summer sun,


The ripe fruits in the garden,
He made them every one.

The tall trees in the greenwood,
The meadows where we play,

The rushes by the water,
We gather every day...

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell

How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.

The book says it the best. :)


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute book! I have yet to go to that park and we live super close! It looks so fun. Let me know the next time you come out this way!

Anonymous said...

I love this - it makes me cry. The book always reminded me of you! You two are the best parents in the world!

Scott and Stacia said...

I love this poem, you inspired me today. I wrote a journal entry :) Thanks for helping me get my thoughts on paper.

Blog Archive