Monday, December 1, 2008

A Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! We have so much to be thankful for this year. We count Abby as one of our greatest blessings! She has brought so much joy to our little family. We are also grateful for our extended family and friends. We are blessed!

Brett had to study for finals during the holiday break this year so we stayed close to home for 'Turkey Day.' We spent Thanksgiving with good friends and had a great time! The day started out with a Turkey Bowl and ended with yummy pies. The next day we hit the roads in search for some good deals on Black Friday. We found a few bargains, but didn't get much. We also put up the Christmas tree and decorated. We love this time of year and we're excited to be able to spend it with family in December.
Abby helping Brett study law for his finals. Poor Brett had to study all week and is still studying.










A Thanksgiving feast and our first attempt at making pies...

'Any good sales?' Abby is checking to see if there are any good deals.

I was getting out the Christmas decorations from our closet and I let Abby hold the wrapping paper...I never knew she would have so much fun. I think she'll be more excited about the wrapping paper than the presents at Christmas. She's easy to please.

8 comments:

Recksieks said...

She is so cute!

Erin said...

What a cute little booger! You forgot to mention that your pie was AWARD WINNING!

Not bad for a first timer!

Sarah said...

So darn cute! Way to go on the pies - they look delicious! Good luck to Brett on finals!

Kiley said...

Poor Brett. Tell him good luck - he's almost done! But what a good study helper he's got! I love that she loves wrapping paper!

Matt, Lorie, Roger said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. Having a baby has changed my outlook on gratitude-I have a lot more of it! Abby is so adorable and don't you love it when they're easy to please? I hope you have a very happy holiday season with your cute little family.

Angie said...

Looks like you had a good one. We can't wait to see you guys. I'm hoping all our sickness is gone by then. The pies looked great!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Little Abby is ALWAYS smiling! (at least on your blog)

stephanie said...

I love the pictures! Abby is the prettiest baby! I heard your pies were amazing!

Blog Archive