Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Katelyn Jane!




(We wanted to have a little something for Katelyn, to see what happened the day she was born.)

Birth Story

We arrived at Fair Oaks Hospital Thursday morning, around 10:00am. (After a lot of thought and prayer, we decided to have Katelyn via c-section because of complications from Abby's birth.) It was beginning to lightly snow as we walked into the hospital, which made it fun for her birthday. We checked in and the nurses got us ready with paper work and tests before the doctor arrived.

Entrance at the hospital...ready for delivery!


Listening to her heartbeat as we waited. She did not like the heart monitors on my stomach and tried very hard to kick them off several times. She put on quite the show.

Here is where she would be placed for recovery...the same place Abby was when she was born.

Dr. Maddox arrived around 11:30am and we headed to do the c-section...

Here we are in front of the operating room ready to go in to have her. I loved my nurse, Amy, she made it so nice. The doctors and nurses really helped calm any fears we had. They even turned on some nice Christmas music I could listen to in the background while we were in there. They made everything a really good experience.


After a short time we heard a sweet little cry and Miss Katelyn came into the world.


Where did she get all that dark hair?

Not so sure what to think of all those bright lights.



I love this little face.

The nurse holding her close so I could kiss her little cheeks.

Holding our baby girl...we love her.

Daddy daughter bonding

Getting to know little Katelyn in the recovery room.

Dr. Maddox...one amazing doctor.

Daddy daughter time.

Here is Abby giving 'loves' to her sister. She was going around the hospital telling everyone 'I have baby sister'. She was so proud to be a big sister.



We love our little girls! Happy Birthday Katelyn. We are excited to have you in our family.






Abby got to watch Katelyn get bathed. She was very concerned that her sister was crying.

3 comments:

NaDell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Johnson Family said...

Emily, she is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on the new little addition to your cute family. I'm sure she was told before she came down to Earth how lucky she was to be part of such a great family.

Alisha Haight said...

Emily, I love the name Katelyn, and she is beautiful! I love the close-up picture of your faces. So beautiful. Congratulations!:)

Blog Archive